Electrical Systems Engineer
- 's-Heer Arendskerke
- Opleidingsniveau HBO
- Uren per week 38
Vermeer designs and produces machines in ‘s Heer Arendskerke primarily for landscaping (wood chippers). As an Electrical Systems Engineer you add an important contribution to our Mechanical Engineering team. You develop and write control systems specifications that direct software code development and test in application software code to specification. You perform tests and simulations on software and hardware.
Our Engineering Team currently consists of an Engineering Manager, two Project Engineers, six Mechanical Design Engineers and two Engineering Technicians.
What are you going to do:
- You create wiring diagrams and schematics, design wire harness, control panel, sensor mounting and wire routing and specify control system components;
- You identify electrical quality and reliability issues and implement solutions;
- You conduct electrical and control design training sessions and assist technical publications, marketing and sales with information required for product release;
- You provide instruction and guidance to engineering technicians in the assembly and testing of prototype designs;
- You design and consult on electrical/control systems i.e. assist in building prototypes that utilize control systems;
- You assist with control systems design changes related on existing machines and provide documentation required to implement changes; you support service department including service trips;
- You keep abreast of the latest mobile controller technology and coordinate projects with design groups;
- You perform electrical component selection, failure analysis and supplier quality control audits including communicating with procurement on vendor pricing, availability and applications.
Wat do you need:
- Finished HBO education in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Automation, Automotive, Agricultural or Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 5 years’ experience in electrical and electronic controls design and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required;
- You like to work in teams;
- Prepared to travel 10-25% of your time on a yearly base.
- Familiarity with CAN Bus design and J1939 design specs;
- Knowledge of Control System Architecture, Theory and Design;
- Knowledge of Electrical Symbols, schematics, basic electrical (relays circuits, load, ohms law), Simulink, Zuken;
- Knowledge of Standard Work, Guidelines, Functional Testing worksheets with Test Department;
- Writing Requirements, Specifications and Testing requirements
- Knowledge of Siemens Polarion software
What do we offer:
- A place within an enthusiastic team of professionals in a growing successful company;
- A lot of freedom in organizing your work;
- Space for development and growth opportunities in the future, for example to a Project Engineer, Manager Engineering, Product Safety/Compliance Engineer;
- A salary that matches your education and experience;
- 25 vacation days and 13 ADV days;
- Travel allowance, collective pension fund and collective health insurance.
Does this job offer the challenges you are looking for? Then we look forward to receiving your application using the form below, please complete with CV and motivation. For more information about the position, please contact Chris Shue, Manager Engineering, available on number 0113 – 272740.We appreciatet if companies/agencies refrain from offering their CVs or services as a result of this advertisement.
This position is only open for EU citizens.