HDD application specialist / sales support
- 's-Heer Arendskerke
- Opleidingsniveau HBO
- Uren per week 40 uur
- Sluitingsdatum 1 augustus 2022
Love the challenge of Horizontal Directional Drilling? You like to work highly independently? And you like international traveling? Then this job might be exactly what you are looking for! Vermeer EMEA is looking for a new member who is up to the diverse activities of this role and will strengthen the Vermeer EMEA product support team.
The HDD Application Specialist drives growth of technical product knowledge and sales in the distribution network through knowledge sharing, equipment demonstrations, training and customer visits. In this role he/she trains and supports the independently owned dealerships in the EMEA region for the respective Vermeer product line he/she represents. In line with that he/she also gathers information from the market to support Vermeer product development for continuous improvement and fit-to-market products. The Application Specialist is seen as the go-to person for in depth knowledge about product, application and commercial support.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor in a technical direction with preference or commercial Major/minor.
- 5+ years’ experience working with construction equipment or in the equipment construction segment.
- Experience working independently in the field.
- Written and verbal English fluency required. Verbal fluency in either French and/or German is beneficial.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated project management skills to implement the necessary procedures and operational tactics to ensure the achievement of Dealer and Vermeer sales goals.
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills with great discernment in communicating sensitive information verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop interpersonal relationships and encourage openness while maintaining utmost company confidentiality, and trustworthiness with dealerships, co-workers, staff, clients and the community; effectively build relationships with individuals at all levels-from top management to service technicians to accomplish organizational tactical goals.
- Knowledge of company equipment and the competitive environment, understanding of market share, marketing trends and marketing analysis.
- Ability to create detailed, accurate, professional and error-free documents.
- Ability to hold self and others accountable.
- Demonstration of strong organizational skills; ability to be effective at multi-tasking, handle large volumes of work in a timely manner.
- Ability to be flexible, work under pressure, and manage confrontation in high pressure situations; ability to break down complex situations into smaller, manageable, actionable pieces.
Up to 50% international travel by car or plane may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Exhibit the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused and stewardship while modeling the associated behaviors.
- Ensure sales success and profitable growth of assigned products.
- Create and deliver strategic and tactical training for sales and service personnel to promote the features and benefits of Vermeer products versus the competition.
- Train customers/dealers on various application specific details and the effects on the machine performance; a train the trainer mindset is critical.
- Present product management with data concerning new product design and enhancement feature designs to current and new products. Provide the field’s perspective to service, engineering and production related to field issues.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with dealers/customers, product managers, engineers and management, to disseminate product related information as a subject matter expert using competitive market information to articulate and communicate the versatility and applicability of Vermeer products and product features in diverse conditions. Proficiently operate, differentiate, and demonstrate Vermeer product offerings as compared to competitors.
- Provide expertise relating to product promotion and market analysis to the marketing department and publishers, periodicals and journals, as well as social media sites. May write and present white papers regarding the products and product line to promote visibility and capture market share.
- Represent Vermeer by attending tradeshows, customer day events, sales meetings, and road shows as the Vermeer expert on the product line. Participate in dealer focus groups and annual business planning.
Vermeer offers you:
- a good salary;
- A challenging job in a growing company with a family atmosphere;
- Freedom to organize your own work and plenty of room for your own ideas;
- A bonus depending on the operating result;
- 25 days of leave and 13 ADV days;
- Vermeer University with a range of different study programs;
Vermeer, located in ‘s-Heer Arendskerke, is the regional distribution office for Europe, the Middle East and Africa for the family-owned Vermeer Corporation, which is based in America. Vermeer Corporation designs, manufactures and sells machines that can be seen worldwide on industrial construction sites and in the agricultural sector. At Vermeer in ‘s Heer Arendskerke, we mainly focus on machines in the oil and gas pipelines, utility pipeline construction, tree care, landscape and rental, mining and environmental industry market segments.
At our office in ‘s-Heer Arendskerke, we work with about 90 enthusiastic team members to strengthen and support our dealer network by offering sales support, technical support, training and delivery of machines and parts from our stock. We also design and produce new machines and adjustments to machines for the European market.
Visit www.vermeer.com for more information about Vermeer. If you have any questions about the position or the procedure, do not hesitate to call Stephan Oppelaar, Associate Sales Manager on 0113-272746 or 06-20412804.
Apply for the HDD application specialist job?
Is this position made for you? Then leave your CV and motivation behind for Laura van Gelder, HR Assistant.