Mechanical Design Engineer
- 's-Heer Arendskerke
- Opleidingsniveau HBO
- Sluitingsdatum 29 mei 2020
To strengthen our Design team we are looking for a driven new team member!
You will design, document, build and test new solutions for machines using CAD tools. You will support design in production, sales, service, troubleshooting and updating and you will also be responsible for analyzing and providing realistic recommendations on structural components to ensure that design meets the design goals and customer needs.
Your essential duties and responsibilities are:
- Design and detail purchased items, machining, weld and assembly prints using SolidWorks software for performance, reliability, manufacturability, cost effectiveness and safety;
- Support, supervise and assist Engineering Technicians with all aspects of building and testing prototypes;
- Analyze production issues and create solutions;
- Plans, coordinates, and implements sequence of testing and instrumentation procedures for testing electronic units.
- Interprets test results and provides general conclusion with supporting data. Document accurate test results and testing procedures.
- Justifies test duration period, duty cycles, and methods for duplicating actual field conditions. Develop logical methods to accelerate testing where applicable.
What do we expect from you:
- Master Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Agricultural or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 2 years’ related experience, or Bachelor degree with a minimum of 7 years’ related experience;
- Proficient in material strength calculation skills, operating SolidWorks software and in operating Microsoft Office products including Excel;
- Ability to identify the root cause of defective parts of product design solutions, including manufactured and purchased component sizing;
- Knowledge in the FEA, hydraulics, electronics, engine systems, statistics, strength of materials, durability and serviceability of products;
- Ability to read schematics of electronic systems and troubleshoot against requirements;
- Ability to effectively manage time and resources to meet the needs and schedules of internal customers and respond immediately to production questions and crisis with solutions;
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail;
- Demonstration of good oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Up to 10% international travel by car or plane may be required.
What do we offer:
- A challenging job in a growing company with a family atmosphere;
- A competitive salary;
- Freedom to organize your own work and a lot of space for your own ideas;
- 25 vacation days and 13 ADV days;
- Collective pension fund;
- Collective health insurance;
- Access to an online learning platform Vermeer University with a range of different courses.
Are you interested in this job?
Does this job offer the challenges you are looking for? Then we look forward to receiving your application using the form below, please complete with CV and motivation. For more information about the position, please contact Chris Shue, Manager Engineering, available on mobile number 06-11885257. We would appreciate if companies/agencies refrain from offering their CVs or services as a result of this advertisement.
This position is only open for EU citizens.